Wednesday, August 29, 2007

About Art Study

I figured I'd relate how we do our art studies. I choose an artist and we pick 6 works. Each week we pull one work out. We study it for one minute then turn it over and make observations. After this we copy it in our own way, with colors, paints, or whatever. While we are painting we talk about when and where the artist lived and any other interesting factors. At the conclusion of the six weeks we visit the art museum to see the artist's works in real life.
This idea comes from the Real Learning book by Elizabeth Foss listed in my sidebar. How do you study art? How do you pass art on to your kids?

1 comment:

queen of everything said...

we just have prints of the art that i enjoy hanging in the house. i like the idea of studying them. give the kids a kiss.