Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Bride's Prayer

Lord, grant that I may be worthy of him who has chosen me to be his bride. Lord, grant that I may correspond to the trust of his name and provide for the needs of his house. Lord, grant that I may repay his love with a lifetime of faithfulness.
Because he has chosen me as his companion throughout life, give me the strength to walk at his side for the whole length of the way. And because he has selected me as the sister of his destiny, make me the sharer of all his hours of fatigue and happiness; but reserve for me the greater part of every pain. And because he has chosen me to be the mother of his children, infuse in my soul the necessary strength to be always the support, the joy, and the peace of his home.
Thus may I become for him the smile and the hope, the reuge and the certainty in the routine of our daily life. In our home today, tomorrow and always, render me worthy of my position as friend, wife and mother. In every hour of sunshine and storm, grant that I may always work for the happiness of him whom I love.

-From the Queen of Apostles Prayerbook

No comments: