Monday, April 28, 2008

The National Zoo

We are blessed to live a short drive from a free zoo. It is so much fun (and quite a work out to walk through.) The kids and I went on Saturday. Here's the (beginning of the) day in review. (I got tired and therefore the pictures stopped. Hey, give me a break; I'm 36 weeks pregnant!)

Pink Flamingos

This vulture was posing for us.

This red panda bear was very friendly. Wyatt thought it was a kitty cat and was meowing at it, so Isaac joined in the meowing. Quite fun!

Beautiful Birds! (Like Diego!)

Several of the animals we saw had various injuries. I wonder if this is why they ended up at the zoo?

The giant panda bear was the highlight of the day, apparently. And it was the first thing we saw.

1 comment:

queen of everything said...

cool pics. it was actually very freeing to admit my weight. although, when we moved up here i was weighing in at a mighty 265 or so.