Sunday, September 09, 2007

Two Years Ago...

Two years ago today, I was eight days past my due date. My induction was scheduled for 7:00 am and we arrived at the hospital two hours before. I was induced, received my epidural, and finally was complete and ready to push at 3:00 that afternoon. Baby did not like pushing. In fact his heart rate dropped too much every time. So forceps were applied to aid the delivery. To no avail. Baby wouldn't come and his heart rate had dropped too low for too many times. He needed out now. So we ran; well, I didn't, but everyone else ran while hurdling me down the hall. An emergency c-section was performed without anesthesia as my epidural had worn off, the anesthesiologist arrived late, and my IV was blown. So as I was terrified that my child would have permanent defects or worse, I felt him ripped from me. But what followed (after the puking) was beautiful... Wyatt screamed a "Hello" to the world and was just fine. And now two years later we celebrate that day.

The calm before the storm.
Surprise!!!!!
Presents?
Cake?
Candles?
Blow!!!
Yummy!!!
Look at all that stuff!!!
What fun!
Everybody had a great day!

1 comment:

queen of everything said...

i hope he had a great bday. wish we could have been there. the cake looks wonderful. did you do it? i can't believe how big the wee ones are getting. miss you guys.